The Schecter SLS Elite-5's liquid sculpture neck-through design offers the ultimate in looks, comfort, and tone. A richly figured flame maple veneer gracefully adorns an ivory-bound swamp ash body that's precision carved to hug the player's body and maximize neck access. Even into the 20th fret and beyond, the SLS Elite-5's endless 3-piece neck and violin sustain show no signs of stopping. A pair of direct-mounted Fishman Fluence active soapbar pickups with 3-way voicing switch, push-pull coil splitting, and 2-band active EQ equip this bass for classic funk and soul as well as modern forms of rock and metal. And with stock features that include a permanently lubricated TUSQ XL nut, a set of studio-stable Grover tuners, and a dual-action truss rod with easy-access neck heel wheel.
The SLS Elite-5's first impression for most players will be its death-defying body curves and breathtaking flame maple veneer. From top to bottom, back to front, this bass is a work of art. The SLS Elite-5's design is equal parts form and function, comfortably hugging the player's body when seated or standing and providing unparalleled fret access up and down the neck.
Built for a lifetime of use and abuse, the Schecter SLS Elite-5 features a 3-piece neck of maple, walnut, and padauk to resist warping and action creep over time. Its articulate ebony fingerboard comes fitted with 24 effortless Extra-jumbo stainless steel frets that are spec'd for tour-grade resiliency.
The Fluence active pickups have been a real game changer in terms of tone, output, noise, and clarity. The SLS Elite-5's Fluence active soapbars feature both a 3-way voicing switch (classic, funk, and modern) and push-pull coil splitting to stand up to virtually any style of music. Factor in a 2-band active EQ section (bass and treble) and a dedicated pickup blend knob, and the SLS Elite-5 may replace many or all other basses in your arsenal.
- Number of Strings: 5
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Shape: SLS Elite
- Body Material: Swamp Ash with Flamed Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Antique Fade Burst
- Neck Material: Multi-ply Maple/Walnut/Padauk
- Neck Shape: Thin C
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Offset Abalone Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, Extra Jumbo, Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 35"
- Nut Width: 1.771"
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Schecter Custom Bass String-thru / Top-loaded Bridge
- Tuners: Grover Bass 144
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Bass Soapbar Pickup
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Bass Soapbar Pickup
- Controls: 1 x master volume (push/pull voicing), 1 x blend, 2-band EQ, 3-way toggle voicing switch
- Strings: Ernie Ball Super Long, .045-.130
- Manufacturer Part Number: 1393