Squier’s Gold Edition series celebrates four decades of history with blinged-out models of all Fender’s classic guitars and basses. From the pickguard to the bridge and even the washers, the 40th Anniversary Gold Edition Jazz Bass is studded with striking all-gold hardware. It also boasts a stunning bound Indian laurel neck with pearloid blocks, a late-'60s feature that guitarists find complements this guitar’s decked-out cosmetics. A pair of Fender-designed alnico single-coils equips this guitar with an authentic Jazz Bass punch, with tight lows, scooped mids, and growling highs. Stunning looks, comfortable playability, and incredible sound: the Gold Edition series is a gold mine of 40 years of high-quality Squier instruments
Why do some of the used instruments have a “used” stamp on the back of the headstock?
This step is a long-standing agreement we have had with some of our manufacturing partners taken to protect their interests and to prevent the filing of improper warranty claims. For many consumers, the “used” stamp is recognized as a sign of quality, giving confidence that an instrument originating from MIRC has been properly set-up and refurbished by a professional tech.
- Number of Strings: 4
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Shape: 40th-anniversary Precision Bass
- Body Material: Nyatoh
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: C
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Blocks
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-Saddle Vintage-style
- Tuners: Vintage-style
- Pickups: Fender-designed alnico single-coil pickups
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x master tone
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel, .045-.105
- Case/Gig Bag: Sold Separately